Monday 13 April 2009

Grand Official Launch!!!

Momentous. Incredible. Here goes...

PUBLIC ART IS SHITE

How many pieces of public art do you see around? not many (unless you are in Central London, which is one big, fucked up bit of performance art created for the amusement of Northerners). Of those not many, how many are actually any good? 

Well?

Answer: In my humble opinion, fuck all. Maybe I am being harsh, for example I used to love the Angel of the North, but then I read an article sometime in March expressing Gormless Gormley's VERY fucking full of himself view in the Independent that most public art is shite except his which I take exception to because it was my idea first. So now I am not going to include his work in the acceptable list. HA! shot himself in the foot there, eh?

SO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Well I shall try to name and shame the worst offenders and then try to secure the contracts to replace them. Why not? It's got to be worth a try. I'm going to start local to me and then see where this takes me. Please let me know your favorite bits of shit public art, how they make you feel etc. and I will try to get as many on here as possible and as regularly as possible. Keep checking back to see how we are getting on...

REST OF MY BLOG

Of course it ain't a blog without some pointless and rather embarrassingly self-indulgant ramblings. So here are my last movements.

Celebrated Easter round at my parents house yesterday. Which was nice. On the way there we passed the usual mammoth bank holiday tailbacks of dirty Wezzers* (West Riding folk) trying to get to Scarborough via our totally inadequate road system. Why the fuck would anyone volunteer to spend 2 hours of Easter Sunday stranded on the A64 looking at some dilapidated farm machinery, a squashed rabbit and some discarded plastic bottles full of piss whilst getting smoked out by other peoples exhaust fumes? It just seems silly to me.

*P.S. Although originally from the West Riding, I am a believer in free immigration and don't think that my past should be allowed to haunt me. I am a full on North Yorkshire inbred bumpkin now, and proud.

MINDLESS

I have just discovered the worlds best game. Its about a cube that you have to do stuff to and it grows. there seems to be absolutely no logic to what is going on and it is highly addictive and extremely annoying. play it here: http://www.gamefudge.com/Grow-Cube

No comments:

Post a Comment