Wednesday 1 April 2009

Outrage

Yesterday evening I left the house to procure fish and chips to feed my ravenous family, and set out armed with nothing more than a bank card. I needed to visit the hole in the wall to obtain enough cash to pay for the delicious and healthy treat, which should have been a straight forward and hassle free event, but what actually occurred chilled me to the core

Having selected the amount I wanted to withdraw, I was outraged to discover that on the screen in front of me was a new and rather upsetting message from the bank asking me if I wanted to know more about the savings accounts that this particular bank had to offer. Would I like them to send me information through the post? Yes or No. 

This made me angry, not just because a quick check of my balance would have shown the incompetent metal dent that I have an overdraft of extraordinary magnitude, but also because the No button refused to work, leaving me with no option but to sell my ass to the thing and take its crusty, cheese peppered and diseased package of hard spam in order to get money to feed my kids. 

I feel thoroughly violated and if this is a sign of thing to come, I might have to opt out of this hideous society where commercial opportunism has all but replaced culture, up sticks and set up a nudist commune where fish and chips are free of charge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment