Friday 3 April 2009

It's Friday, yes it's Friday

Day Off

Thursdays are my day off, which is why I didn't write anything yesterday. Thursdays are the least creative day of the week because that is the day that the tranquility and productivity focused feng shui of my carefully organized "workstation" is cruelly smashed by a team of ape like dustmen shouting unnecessarily loudly to each other about some hideously trivial sporting events involving some largely irrelevant and highly unethical teams that play in red from the wrong side of the Pennines. Except that's probably a bit harsh, because they are only here for about 20 seconds, so basically what we are dealing with here is a properly lame excuse.

AGENDA BENDER

On the agenda today is getting my garden shed MOT'd (my garden shed is an old Nissan 4x4), digging holes for fence posts, going to the fun and fabulous and wholly excellent "Easter service" at my daughter's primary school and having to deal with my mother, who is being employed as a taxi service in the absence of a vehicle. Despite this however it's Friday, so there is hope of an outside chance that beer may be involved later on. I am still working on a structure for this blog and what sort of content to add so hopefully next week I will have some stuff to show yez, innit.

WAG-TASTIC

I see from the news today that Barack Obama and Gordon "Golden" Brown are swiftly turning into WAGs. Always in the papers for swanning about doing fuck all, experts at spending other peoples money, always hanging around with a bunch of talentless numpties and getting their norks out on page three. Well maybe not that last one.  Still, nice work if you can get it.

FRIDAY'S TOP 5 WEEKEND TUNES

I love being a bossy git, so every friday I am going to tell you what you should be listening to over the coming weekend, a top 5 mix of eclectic  stuff that you really should have. Check em out!

1. The Coasters- Down in Mexico
2. Mikey Dread- Saturday Night Style
3. Dawn Penn- You Don't Love Me
4. Leftfield- Storm 3000
5. Jackin Box- Party Hype

No comments:

Post a Comment